Help Give Patients Their Best Tomorrow, Tonight
As a physician, you can screen for potential sleep disorders during routine visits. Own Sleep Medicine offers multiple solutions for Home Sleep Tests to confirm the presence of Sleep Apnea. All logistics – including prior authorization – are handled by our team to ensure a positive patient experience and expedient turn around of results to you and your staff. In most cases, Own Sleep Medicine will also be able to handle your patient’s AutoPAP setup and resupply needs.
Understanding Sleep Apnea
Nearly 1 in 10 Americans suffer from Sleep Apnea.
Sleep Apnea is a serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts while the patient is sleeping. If you suffer from Sleep Apnea you may snore loudly and feel tired even after a full night’s sleep. You are also more likely to have other health complications including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and depression.
Indicators of Sleep Apnea
If someone is showing these common signs of Sleep Apnea it is incredibly important to get properly tested and treated.
- Loud / Disruptive Snoring
- Witnessed Apnea by Another Person (Ceasing to Breathe)
- Excessive Daytime Fatigue (Hypersomnia)
- Restless Sleep
- Gasping for Air During Sleep
- Morning Dry Mouth
- Morning Headaches
- Difficulty Staying Asleep / Fragmented Sleep (Insomnia)
- High Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index Greater than 35
- Neck Circumference Greater than 40cm (15.75in)
- Male Over 40 Years of Age
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Drowsiness while Driving